•Sleeping bag
•Sleeping bag liner for extra warmth
•2 sleeping pads: Thermarest & Z-Rest
•Tent + ground cloth
•Clothing bag-
Thermal underwear (long pants + long sleeved top), 2 pair wool socks, 1 pair ankle high "camp socks", 2 sets of underwear, 1 pair cool weather hiking pants, 1 pair very lightweight "bed pants" also used as town pants so I can wash my hiking pants while in town, 1 short sleeved hiking shirt, 1 lightweight town shirt, 1 polartec lightweight jacket (I wear this all day and all night), 1 rain jacket, 1 pair gloves, 1 neck gator,1 head beanie
(BTW, the shake-down guy thought I didn't have enough clothing for winter hiking)
•Food bag
Usually 4-5 days of food:
Oatmeal
Trail mix
coffee, tea, cocoa,
peanut butter & jelly,
thin English muffin-type bread,
Snicker bars,
Power bars,
Top Ramen or Mac n cheese
•Jet Boil stove + fuel + extra fuel
•Ziploc bag with hygiene supplies:
Hairbrush, toothbrush, floss, face cream, face wash wipes, body wash wipes, spray benadryl (for poison ivy or bug bites)
•Bag of things I don't need daily:
Cell phone charger and extra battery charger, pen, nail file, iPod headphones (I haven't used these once), misc. girl stuff.
•First aid bag
Band aids, blister band aids, advil, extra pocket warmers
•Toilet bag
TP + trash bag to carry out everything :>
•Aqua Mira water purifying drops
•Rope and carabeener to hang food bags at night
•Sunglasses
•Pocket knife
•1 liter water bottle
•.5 liter Nalgene bottle
•1 collapsible .5 liter water bottle
•Giant trash bag to cover food bags while hanging on rainy nights.
•AT data book/map
•Headlamp
*Hiking boots
*Camp shoes (Crocs)
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Backpack Contents
This post is per a request from my friend, Susie. She likes to know all the details like what, exactly, is in my pack. (I would too!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you! what a great list.
Post a Comment