Hiked 11.6 miles from Locust Cove Gap to Cable Gap Shelter. I'm still tired - I have been feeling a little under the weather and have no choice but to press on. Today was a balmy 70-75 degrees, dry terrain, lots of bugs buzzing around. I didn't enjoy it very much :(
I think if I were attempting a thru hike right now, I could tolerate the rain and snow, but the bugs might just take me off the trail. I hate to stop and rest b/c they'll swarm around me, so I just continue on and try to get to my next camp spot ASAP, set up my tent and get in there right away. Tomorrow we will get to Fontana Dam where we'll stay in a motel for maybe 2 nights. Then it's off into the Smoky Mountains!!!!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Day 20: March 21st
This pic is a glimpse of the Fontana Dam area that we will get to tomorrow. :>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment