Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 4 not hiking: March 5

Neel's Gap

This pic is a tree outside of the outfitter store at Neel's Gap. This is where people unload a lot of their excess gear and buy better, lighter equipment and ship home the stuff they don't need out here. The shoes in the tree are from hikers who wore them out and/or didn't want to ship them home.

My Dad's cousin, Tim, and his wife, Vicky, live near where we are on the trail in Georgia and are hosting us until tomorrow morning. They've spoiled us with yummy food and good conversation today. I love that we have this opportunity to visit with them. It's fascinating how similar my dad and his cousin are and they didn't even grow up together. They both are great story tellers who like to fabricate and exaggerate and then sort of lose track of what the point of the story was. I love it!

I've been icing my knees like crazy today. I'm a little concerned, but will be as careful as possible while hiking again.

1 comment:

Debbie G. said...

Love the pictures you're snapping! How are your dreams? Hope your knee is doing ok!