We've stepped into another world here in Gatlinburg. This town has a German-esque feel to it. Strangely, there are so many shops that sell things like kettle corn, funnel cakes, fudge, brightly colored candy things and other attractions that make the town area seem like a carnival. This seems to be the main tourist attraction, though I would have thought that the nearby Smoky Mountains would be more appealing. I can't believe I forgot to take a pic of this town. It's quite cute without all the people and the noise. I want to go back to my "bubble" and hike thru the peaceful forest again!
Renée
2 comments:
oh, i remember gatlinburg! the ripley's believe it or not museum has a fond place in my heart. . .i too never imagined such a tackyville at the foot of the smokey's--and isn't Dollywood (as in Parton) just down the road too? : )
And I think I heard it referred to as a "honeymoon capitol." which still boggles my mind.
so glad your trip has been such a memorable one.
lisa c.
Honeymoon capital? Blegh! Amazing, huh?
Glad to know you've been following my blog :)
Post a Comment