Basically, The Hiker Diet consists of eating AN-Y-THING you want. The easy stuff to pack - and what I pretty much eat every day - is: Oatmeal, coffee, hot cocoa, trail mix, LARA bars, Snicker bars, peanut M&M's, PB&J sandwiches, Ramen with either the flavor packets they come with OR you can purchase dried sauce mix at the grocery stores. The brand "Knorr" has some good ones like creamy pesto sauce, alfredo sauce, etc. Also, they're expensive, but "Mountain House" makes very tasty dried meals. You just boil water and add it to the foil (or whatever it is) package and let it sit for 10 mins or so. I traded a guy 2 Ramen meals and 2 oatmeal packets for a Mountain House Mac-n-cheese meal that was heavenly! He didn't like Mac-n-cheese and was happy to have the Ramen, which I thought was strange...
Then, of course, when you get to a town you go all out and eat Whatever You Want :>
4 comments:
I like the hiker diet! I think my hiker diet would have chocolate chips instead of snickers though. Oh wait, chocolate chips are a big part of my non-hiker diet.
I bet a cupcake stand would do really good business along the trail!
Yes, a cupcake stand would be marvelous!
Nick, the choc chips just aren't caloric enough - you'd have to pack way too many!! Snickers are a whopping 280 calories a pop! Such a bargain for their size. :)
I'm almost all Snickered out though... :( I ate two today plus m&m's for variety, plus a Lara bar - in addition to breaky, lunch & dinner.
Maybe I'd be better off packing condensed milk then?
Post a Comment