Sunday, March 6, 2011
"The shake-down"
Just got thru consulting with a pack specialist on all my gear and what suggestions he had for cutting weight off my pack. I bought a new pack and shed 3 lbs, plus about 6 lbs of gear, so I'm feeling light and happy at about 31 lbs with food for the next 4-5 days and all my water bottles filled. It was a somewhat expensive & unexpected purchase but totally worth the investment. We'll see how I fair without my hand lotion, spare lip balm and hairbrush over the next few days. The guy counseled me of letting go of those and a few other items. Also they are loaning me the trekking poles which are supposed to make a significant difference on my knees. I'll return them at their store in the town where cousin Tim will pick us up again in a few days My dad left about 2 hours ago so I gotta catch up! I'm thinking I'll find him in one hour...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Perfect, you look like you are ready for both hiking and cross-country skiing! I'm so happy about your lighter pack and I love that picture of you.
wow that is a big difference in weight. I wonder if this experience will leave you inspired to be even more of a minimalist when you return. I think my purse weighs as much as your new pack with everything in it! How will you brush your hair without a hairbrush?
Apparently you "brush" with your fingers, which never completely works with my fine, stringy hair so I need to embrace to crazy mountain woman look, I guess! :P
Well you do have the Boulder Creek crazy mountain woman roots after all!
So true. I'm just gettin' back to my origins I suppose. Kinda fun actually.
Post a Comment