Wednesday
We flew to Lima then had about an 8 hour stopover 'til our red-eye flight at midnight tonight. Fernando's friend, Henry, lives here and picked us up from the airport. We all went to lunch at a lovely restaurant in a town near Lima. Lima is on the coast so it was fun to see the "Peruvian Pacific ocean" and a sunset. There were many surfers out there and with wetsuits on, which surprised me. Henry dropped us off at K & F's hotel where we rested for a while until Nick & I left for the airport. Henry sent his driver to pick us up at the hotel and take us to the airport. In fact, when I say Henry picked us up at the airport earlier, I mean to say that he was accompanied by his full-time driver. Apparently this is common in Peru or maybe just Lima. It is so strange to me that someone could actually hire someone to do this full time. Anyway we had a fun time with Henry who is a lively and interesting guy. He told us a few stories about Fernando and him when they were younger. So fun to hear these stories!
Nick and I left Peru tonight and Fernando & Kristen are staying two more days in Lima, visiting with other family members and Henry.
We managed to stay healthy while in Peru as far as not consuming bad water or food. We were very diligent about treating our water when we filled our bottles in the hotel sink. And we never drank water in a restaurant unless it was in a bottle. Let's hope we didn't catch a bug that will show itself after we get home...
My next Peruvian goal is to hike the Inca trail (another several day hike, but with more archeological sites, and stairs). Also I want to see Trujillo, the town where Fernando was born and raised.
2 comments:
Wonderful pics and stories--thank you! So sad Nick has been sick--boo! I'm very happy you had a safe and what looks to be an amazing adventure.
Post a Comment