Tuesday, July 17, 2012

IMTA Sunday

Arrived NY this morning at 6:30 and am incredibly tired. This afternoon we attended a couple seminars. One was on how to audition and what goes on behind the scenes of decision making - very interesting and helpful. The other was about being photographed for editorial shoots. This isn't my category of modeling but some principles apply to commercial modeling too. There was a photographer shooting 2 different models and it was really cool to watch. Tonight we attended an all-are-welcome-and-encouraged-to-attend Runway Seminar. There were 3 runway teachers that taught all 500 of us how to walk and hold out posture while on the runway. We practiced walking around the giant ballroom and finally on the runway with lights on us and everything! It was more fun that I expected. I felt less awkward the more I practiced. Because of my age, etc. I won't ever be doing runway modeling, but, as the instructors said, you can use this technique for "the runway of life". It's always good to walk with poise & confidence and good posture. 



Renée

2 comments:

Suzayn said...

Are you an H&M Model??? :) You look amazing! I am so glad you are updating your blog with your latest adventure in NY.

Renee said...

Hehe! I got that shirt and scarf at H&M and in my mind at that moment I AM AN H&M MODEL!!