Friday, September 5, 2014

Tahoe, pre-hike.

We arrived in Tahoe this afternoon and I am already feeling the altitude affects. (Really Renee, at 6,000 ft??? Uh oh...) Perhaps it is a combination of poor sleep the past few nights, because of excitement of this upcoming trip and concern about gear and food, and also a little dehydration.
I dunno but I'm a little concerned. I just don't want to show up tomorrow morning to meet all the new people I'll be hiking with the next 2 weeks and be that girl who is struggling because of living at sea level before jumping into this adventure.

Kirsten and I spread out all our stuff in our hotel room, did a little gear "show and tell" to each other then repacked everything in order to clear our minds about our gear anxieties and such. I feel like I have so much stuff! Yet, I have only the essentials (plus my two luxury items, which are just my little travel hair brush and my back-up lip balm).

Anyway, it's late. I'm beyond tired and a little cranky. Tomorrow is going to be a good day - Go Team!!

Renée

No comments: