Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 2, afternoon



We planned to hike about 12 miles today but it started snowing! At first we saw these teeny tiny little flakes and thought it was maybe a bit of precipitation since we were so high up and the clouds were forming. As we hiked we noticed  the flakes getting increasingly bigger and falling more frequently. Holy moly it's now only 2:30 and we decide we'd better find a camping spot soon rather than risk possibly hiking in a small snow storm. We settled down around 4:00 and wouldn't you know it, the clouds began to part and it was full sun. It was still quite freezing cold. No literally freezing (and below freezing that night and next morning). Oh I just love this stuff. I really do!! The challenge of making things right in the midst of chaos and discomfort if really enjoyable to me, and to my hiking partners. I'm glad I have these gals in my life! 







Renée

No comments: