My goal was to just catch a solid wave and stand up on my board just a couple times, but I didn't think I'd actually enjoy it so much and I didn't think I would catch so many waves. Ha! I never considered the fun I might have while surfing. It took me about 4 days for all of the fundamentals of surfing to click for me. When I finally got up and stayed up I was shocked and thrilled. I kept going out to catch more and more waves until the tide got too high and rough for me to enjoy it anymore. We surfed every day and by our last day my body was so tired of surfing, but I felt I had to surf while I was still there. I also enjoyed just hanging out in the water. It required all of my focus and that was a nice change for me. I tend to have many thoughts going on at the same time and it can be exhausting.
I think this was one of my most favorite vacations because it was an adventure combined with a little relaxation. I only wish Nick could have been there to experience it too :-)
I highly recommend this surf camp:
http://www.puravidaadventures.com/index.php/
Pura vida!
(Costa Rican greeting)
1 comment:
REALLY Nay....what a FUN TRIP! Where are the pictures I wanna see! What did you eat, I wanna see Costa Rica thru your eyes!!!
I so wish someday I could have a girl weekend away from wifehood and Mommyhood! WHAT A DREAM!
HAPPY NEW YEAR XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment