Sunday, February 20, 2011

Getting ready...

I've modified the title and description of my blog to fit my latest adventure - Hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail (AT)!
My dad and I will hike from Springer Mountain in Georgia through the Smokey Mountains and end in Erwin, TN (about 300 miles) for our month-long trip. We start our actual hike on March 1st and end on March 28th, but our journey begins as we travel there on Feb. 26th. I'll post as often as possible :)



It's one week until we leave and I'm prepping my food bags and mail drop packages. This takes so much focus and careful planning that it's making me a little crazy. My backpack seems like it weighs a ton, but it's *only* 34 lbs. I can't possibly cut out anything, except maybe one of my sleeping pads - I'm adamant about being as comfy as possible while I sleep - and I really think I'll be glad I have both when I'm out there in the bone-chilling cold after a long day of hiking. We shall see how it works out :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Renèe, I wish you a very enjoyable hike with your dad. I know that your hike is going to be a great experience.
Please take good care and have a great time!
Fernando