Hiked 4.5 miles from Dick's Creek Gap to Plumorchard shelter. We are super refreshed from staying with Tim & Vicki and are ready to hike again. (Ready, but not willing - it's hard to leave such comfort and good company.)
Tim dropped us off and we started on our hike at 2:45 today.
We hiked separately b/c of our different paces. I'm faster going uphill and he's faster than me on the downhills. This particular time it was uphill for a while right away so I didn't see him again 'til we reached our camp. I didn't enjoy hiking very much today. It was fairly warm - about 65 and the scenery didn't grab me, I miss talking to someone while I hike. At least on the other days of hiking alone I had the freezing cold temps and the snowy forest to entertain me.
There are some friendly people at the shelter tonight so that is nice. We've noticed that a lot of people aren't very friendly - they barely acknowledge others and you have to practically force them to say "hi". What happened to interacting with people who are experiencing something similar and swapping stories or information? I think that is half of the experience out here. Is this a new, younger generation of hikers??
Kids these days...
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Day 11: March 12
This is a pic of my little camp spot at Plumorchard Shelter and my stuff in front of it (I prefer to tent camp vs. sleep in the shelter). Doesn't look like much here, but it sure feels like too much when you're hauling it over these mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a beautifully organized campsite! That picture could be in a catalog.
of course, it IS Renee afterall, we expect nothing less from her :)
Post a Comment