Left Franklin, hiked 11 miles to Wayah shelter. 9:00am - 5:30pm.
It's 29 degrees at 7 AM, but the temp is supposed to get up to 72 today! How is a girl supposed to plan her outfit for the day with these extreme temps??
It was really helpful to have our day off yesterday. The pack doesn't feel so heavy when I'm fully rested.
Today I met a lady on the trail and we both stopped to chat. I asked her what her name was and for the next 45 mins she told me her trail name (Moose Whisperer) and how she got it plus other stories that I didn't inquire about. Sheesh!! Hold a girl hostage and talk her ear off why don't you.
We have the cutest camp spot tonight - we got in to the shelter area with plenty of time to chat with other hikers, set up our tents, and cook our meals. We also have a nice view of the mountains we're supposed to hike over tomorrow. Sigh. They're quite large. I'm not complaining, I just like to pretend that I am. :>
Steady Steps is camping with us tonight. Razor had to go home today for a family matter and we miss him already.
Oh! This morning we were treated to a pancake breakfast, courtesy of the local Baptist Church here in Franklin, NC. Today was their first breakfast for the next 4 weeks that they are having just for AT hikers. We were their first and (I'm pretty sure) only hikers that came by that morning. It was cute - they hovered around us and asked us lots of questions about ourselves and where we're from and even took our pictures and sent them home for us. They were very sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment