Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hiking Observations

•Trekking poles are essential. In fact I feel funny walking anywhere without them now.
•I've noticed that my chronic lower left back pain has vanished since the start of this trip.
•Trekking poles help tone the upper body while hiking - especially shoulders and back.
•I didn't really need my face moisturizer for my super dry skin like I expected I would. Perhaps this is b/c I didn't wash my face that much? Perhaps washing with water daily is what made it so dry in the first place? Hmmm....
•Backpackers are totally self-sufficient. One shouldn't have to depend on other people to help them out at any time on the trail or at campsite or in town or whatever. This is different from if someone offers help and it is also different than asking for help in an emergency, of course. I was shocked to experience this several times on my journey.
•I hope I remember to wear deodorant when I get back to civilization.
•Ditto with brushing my hair and checking the mirror before I go to work.
• In the 1 1/2 days since I've been home, my lower back pain is gradually returning. The airplane ride and being in the car has started to tweak it again.


Renée

2 comments:

Suzayn said...

Great observations! I think you are on to something about the face washing! I am sure you will be back to the lip gloss, eyelash curling hand lotion routine in no time :)

What creature comforts did you miss the most? What foods were you craving as soon as you got home?

Job well done on the blog! I am sure your other followers are also as curious as I am to know what the next adventure of Bear Bait Nay Nay will be?

Unknown said...

Maybe I'm the cause of your chronic back pain!