Friday, April 1, 2011

We've arrived!

We're home and it feels so good to be here. However, I still need to get over the shock of being back to reality and the busy-ness of daily life here and all the noise. My gosh, the noise!!
I enjoyed many days of hiking alone, clearing my mind and just enjoying the quiet and subtle sounds of nature. It really gave me a chance to think clearly and to rid my mind of all the pop songs that usually float around in there. I did try to make noise once in a while to keep the wildlife away, which was when I could have used those pop songs, but they're gone for now, thank goodness!
I really wish I could hike the entire AT at one time, but it's just not the right time in my life to do that. Right?? Maybe if my employer would let me go for 5-6 months and then let me have my job back. Or if Nick wouldn't mind letting me traipse thru the woods for that amount of time (or maybe he'd like to go with me, haha! haha!). But for now I'm thankful for the time I did get to spend out there and to do something so memorable with my dad! Life is short & we need to do the things we really want to, if we can.
My goal is to finish the AT one section at a time over the course of several years. Perhaps @ 2 week intervals a year? I think I can hike at least 200 miles in that time and over the next 10 years finish all 2,000+ miles of it! Anyone want to join me??

I'll post more pics on here when I can. Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I can bring along one of those camp espresso makers then maybe I'll come along on the 2 week hikes.

Blessed said...

I saw Nick at church this morning, but not you--recovering? If so, you have earned it!