Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 1: meet at the TRTA office

Day 1: meet at the TRTA office
...and then start our hike!
First we went over the whole plan for the trip and met each other and our guides. Then our guides went through each of our backpacks to inventory our stuff and made sure our packs were at around 30 lbs. Many of us were over that (I was at 32lbs), and unloaded anything superfluous.

We were driven to the trail head, took the obligatory pre-hike group photos, then we were excitedly on our way.
We started at Kingsbury Crossing (South) and hiked to "Motts Canyon".
It was a sort of mellow 6 miles with gentle up hills and flat trails, which was a nice introduction to the trail. Many of us have not adjusted to Tahoe's elevation yet and need to do a somewhat easy hike the first day or so.



Renée

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited to read your trip journal. I have been wondering about you and then I just realized today to check your blog. I'm reading your daily entries. Love, Pops