Sunday, September 21, 2014

Saturday, day 15!!!!

We made it! 165+ miles!!
What an accomplishment that I will never forget. My blistered feet won't either. And also my sore, slightly swollen knees! 
A very chilly, windy morning as we started our super easy day of hiking 9.5 miles of mostly flat terrain. Gorgeous views of the lake, blah, blah, blah. Just another day in paradise, really. 
I've made (what I hope are) lasting friendships with my trail family. The guides and trail angel support was off the charts. I/we felt so much love from everyone involved in supporting us and I couldn't be happier about this accomplishment and experience of being in nature, beautiful Tahoe, for 2 solid weeks. 

A few of us imitating some of the poses of "Gun Show", one of our fearless guides:


Me enjoying a cute bench overlooking a lake! :P

The 9 of us, almost to the "finish line" of the TRT:

"The Finish Line", complete with champagne. And cake!

No comments: