Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday, Day 14: 15 miles to our Final Night campground.

Lots of traversing through the Lupine covered hillside today. A few ups and a few downs and then we met our Trail Angels for one last re-supply stop and delicious lunch. They had all the fixings for making sandwiches and also salad. Oh, and brownie's!! 
They take such good care of us as they support us on our thru-hike. I would recommend this adventure to anyone who likes to backpack, get away from all the "noise" of everyday life and recharge your batteries, while being guided by people who know the trail and have a plan for where to camp, what to bring, etc, etc, etc. It's just what I needed to be able to face what is at home *Sigh* - I have lots of decisions to make and things to sort through at home and it was just too overwhelming to do it with all that has been going on in my life - grieving the horrible loss of Nick (and Raymond), supporting and being with my dad during his battle with cancer, and then ultimately grieving the loss of him too. I will never get over these two events, especially so close together, but I will learn to live with them though, eventually.  I needed this "time out" to just simplify my thoughts and needs. My heart aches so much...

This pic is a late afternoon shot overlooking Lake Tahoe. It's just outside our campground. I am so grateful as I sit here looking at this big, beautiful lake with all the mountains surrounding it and I cannot believe that we hiked around this entire lake along most of the mountain ridges (minus 9.5 miles that we will hike tomorrow morning). 



Renée

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you forever Renée. Pops