Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thurs, Day 13! - 15.5 miles

...to Marlette camp ground. 

We were kinda quick and got here a couple hours ahead of schedule. There is a water pump so we didn't have to filter from a lake. I even "washed" my hair! Oh, and there is a pit toilet, so that's a nice change too. It's nice to have guaranteed privacy and also to actually sit instead of squat. Sorry if that is too graphic. Out here you get down to the very basics in life like food, water, shelter, warmth, blister care and "potty care". 

Unfortunately, the forest fire is still going strong and we can see the smoke and haze all the time.  Also, there is a good chance it'll rain tonight, which is not great news as backpackers, but great news for fire control. 
We only have two more days of this trip and I'm looking forward to it being over. I have a couple bad blisters on my left foot (on the big toe and on the heel). Also my body is just ready for a break - a "zero day". Right now, every day is a mental game because my body keeps wanting to stop.
I'm so sleepy and it is only 7:30. Okay, going to bed now... 



Renée

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you! ...after you are fully rested of course 😊😘