Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday, Day 12: 15 miles up to Relay Peak, and beyond...

...10,300 feet elevation, which is the highest point on all of the Tahoe Rim Trail. I am feeling stronger and stronger every day, in fact the altitude did not even phase me. I was surprised when we had reached the top as it didn't seem like as much of a struggle as the previous days have been for me. This is so encouraging!  

Unfortunately there is a fire that is near Placerville, I think, and it is really out-of-control and the smoke and haze seem to follow us every day. The first day it started which was two days ago there was ash falling everywhere at our camp. I'm just so saddened that this is happening and that so many homes have burned down, etc. 

Tonight we met the trail angels and they brought burritos! Also they made margaritas for us and there was home-made beer too. I enjoyed a margarita with my burrito :)
They definitely take really good care of us on this hike. It is incredibly supported with the basic things we need, but then they go an extra mile with little surprises here and there. Everyone is so helpful and excited for our accomplishments. 








Renée

2 comments:

Suzayn said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I love reading your updates!

Unknown said...

You are my hero renée!